The one picture I took at MOMA. It took me a long time to realize what it was.
Spoerri, a self-proclaimed “paster of found situations,” made this assemblage from his girlfriend Kichka’s leftover breakfast while waiting for some visitors. “I pasted together the morning’s breakfast, which was still there by chance,” he has explained, including dishes, utensils, food, and cigarettes, mounted on a small chair and wood panel. The sculpture is displayed on the wall so it “defies the laws of gravity” and “the view to which we are accustomed,” the artist has said.
- amandashirlow reblogged this from toomanyaskingquestions
- coursdedormir likes this
- palmbalm likes this
- gabbytwelveoclocke likes this
- womanhouse reblogged this from toomanyaskingquestions and added:
- womanhouse likes this
- callyourgurlfriend likes this
- frightfullyyours reblogged this from toomanyaskingquestions
- toomanyaskingquestions posted this